CrystalFontz CFA632-YFB and CFA632-YMC -LCDd.conf

Share your success stories with others

Moderator: Pablo

goldwein
Contributor

CrystalFontz CFA632-YFB and CFA632-YMC -LCDd.conf

Post by goldwein »

These are the LCDd.conf driver data for the USB CrystalFontz LCD displays. Note that this works using lcdproc 5.1 on EPIA MII and MS PC's running minimyth. Minimyth will only initiate mythlcdserver if the MM_LCDPROC_DRIVER is set, so until this is resolved I suggest using minimyth.script to upload LCDd.conf and initiate LCDd as well as mythlcdserver.

LCDd.conf file
#For CrystalFontz CFA632-YFB
[CFontz]
Device=/dev/ttyUSB0
OffBrightness=125
Brightness=125
Size=16x2
Contrast=675
Speed=19200
NewFirmware=yes
Reboot=no
USB=yes

#For CFA632-YMC
[CFontz]
Device=/dev/ttyUSB0
OffBrightness=10
Brightness=250
Size=16x2
Contrast=525
Speed=19200
NewFirmware=yes
Reboot=no
USB=yes
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

If you put the LCDd.conf in the conf directory on your TFTP server and set MM_LCDPROC_DRIVER='CFontz' in your minimyth.conf, then it should work without minimyth.script.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.
goldwein
Contributor

Post by goldwein »

Pablo wrote:If you put the LCDd.conf in the conf directory on your TFTP server and set MM_LCDPROC_DRIVER='CFontz' in your minimyth.conf, then it should work without minimyth.script.
At least for my two systems, LCDd will not go into daemon mode when the CFontz driver is utilized (even though Foreground=no). Not sure whether this is an abberation on my systems, or what. My workaround minimyth.script is:
#!/bin/sh
. /etc/rc.d/functions

mm_message_output info 'starting LCD workaround [minimyth.script]...'
mm_conf_get /LCDd.conf /etc/LCDd.conf

LCDd -c /etc/LCDd.conf &
sleep 1
mythlcdserver -d -l /var/log/lcd.log
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Looking at the code the CFontz driver is one of the drivers that defaults to running in the foreground. I wonder why that is.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.