mythfrontend from MythTV-0.14 release.
Includes the sleek theme.
It has support for SMB (you have to use the smbmount command, you can't mount -t smbfs). It will complain a lot about charsets, but it works.
I also added support for ati remotes, though I don't have one so I can't test it. Set LIRC=ati in the pxeconfig file and let me know if it works.
Next release will have the epia7.1 X patch from Thomas.
Please try this and let me know how it works.
Once I did that the ati remote works great.
Also I think we need a dummy mountpoint in the distro to mount samba shares on - if I'm the only one using this then I can do it myself. I use '/moregoo' myself but that's just me.
I couldn't get samba to mount onto a directory I created in the translucency filesystem - everything else is read only.
I'll create a /var/mnt directory for mounts. For now you can create a dir in /tmp or /var. Translucency is a little touchy. It works fine for regular files, but doesn't work with symlinks, for example.
Thanks for trying it.
I've been trying out the beta2 release this morning but haven't had much luck
In summary, it boots fine and enters the frontend. I can change all of the settings etc. and can start watching tv.
As soon as I try anything else - change channel, volume, any kind of OSD etc, it seg faults. Most of the time the backend also segfaults - which is a bit worrying!
For reference, my current stable 'minimyth' build is 0.2 updated for myth release 0.14 per nem/Darren's HOWTO. My backend is a stable 0.14 build with dual DVB-T cards. I've been using these in combination for a few days without any significant problems (and prior to that several weeks of CVS versions) - any problems are purely mythtv related (i.e. segfaults if you try and record live tv with no schedule info).
I'm keen to try and help out - I don't really want to be left behind as things move forward!
As far as I can see, the obvious candidates are the new kernel, new X build or Ivor's drivers - and if no one else is having the same problems, I would assume it is DVB related...
As a starter, can I simply swap out the opensource driver for the via version to see if that is the cause? (I've already re-crammed to enable PAL).
Thanks and regards
You can't swap out the driver for Via's as Via's are specific to a kernel (that I am no longer using). I'll keep thinking about it. And if someone else with DVB could try it that would be grand.
BTW, I'm going to add a kernel arg for tv format (NTSC/PAL) so you don't have to edit the file and recram. What else do you change in XF86Config besides TVType?
Everything is fine with hardware encoding disabled in the menu setup. If I switch to hardware encoding, it faults at the first hint of any use of OSD (irrespective of OSD theme).
The problem is (as has been discussed before), without hardware encoding the video output is rendered unusable when dealing with DVB.
Does that point to the open source driver?
The only config change I needed to make is switching to PAL - but have you changed the LIRC setup. I copied over my customised lirc.conf (renamed) and .lircrc files but haven't had any joy - although I have to admit I haven't dug very far on that yet.
I've added mythweather, mythvideo (and mplayer), and mythgallery to my beta. I've also added smb and nfs support. As soon as I clean things up I'll upload it.
I'm still trying to figure out mythgallery. But the others seem pretty self explanitory. If anyone has experience and/or advice with these modules please contact me as I'm still trying to figure out the best way to support them. I'll probably create a global mount point called "/share" as that is the default in mythgallery.
The image is up to about 38M which I still think is quite reasonable.
showed right up - which is -very- nice... & will be very handy for mythdvd & mythmusic one day...
This is the thread that lead me to the latter conclusion. It is the exact symtoms I have (divide error, then scratchy noise that persists until reboot).
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive ... ng_P78424/
It will be tricky to change kernels without losing mpeg s
upport. Prehaps its time to try alsa.
If you want to look into what it would take to use alsa (and which version works well for EPIA) that would help. I'll try to compare the audio driver between what I am using now and the older -ac kernel I was using.
I was using ALSA on an MSI mothboard with a VIA 8235 chip no problem.
If I had cvs access to your source or something I'd do it but it's prolly easier for you.