MiniMyth-0.4rc1

Announce/Discuss projects you are working on for MiniMyth

Moderator: Pablo

lmatter
Contributor

Post by lmatter »

Yes, DCHP can "suggest" a host name when you include this in the dhcpd.conf entry for your frontend:
use-host-decl-names on;

Not all dhcp clients honor this, but the one that ships with minimyth does.

Larry
bigA

Post by bigA »

Everything looks good. I took your latest RC2, updated the libs and bins to the latest CVS.

The ME 6K is working with the pctv remote.
The MK 9K is working with the homebrew and Hauppauge.

I am taking advantage of the external fstab, works great. Using mythmusic and mythvideo over nfs.

I did have an issue with the 9K at first and forgot I only had 128MB in it. I upgraded to 256 and it works fine.

I will test more tomorrow..

Great work Larry!!!!
------------------------------------------
We Live to Survive our Paradoxes!
hagan

Post by hagan »

Hi Larry
are you sure the formula in sensors.conf ist correct? I found different formulas. For example http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview. ... adid=40927
And to me the temperature with your formula seems to be very low.

Marcus
lmatter
Contributor

Post by lmatter »

No, I am very uncertain that it is correct, and I don't really have a way to check it. I don't think my kid's ear thermometer will work on the cpu :-)

So far the sensors.conf I am using (which I also got off of via arean but from a different thread I think) is working nicely as a ballpark guide. That, plus putting my hand on the top of the case has worked so far.

You can upload your own sensors.conf using preapp.script. I'm open to changing mine if there is a better one.

Larry
Eduardo
Contributor

Post by Eduardo »

sensors and the web pages look good.

Has anyone noticed funny readings?
Mine would jump up to about 70+ degrees at one point and then drop down to 34 or so.

I'm not sure why the major jump in temp there, but it had me worried. I put my hand on the heat sink and it was barely warm.... Anyone else notice weird stuff? The 70 seemed to be when I was running mythweather, which just seems to go away and never come back... I think maybe it pinned the processor, I didn't look at the load numbers so I'm not sure that was the issue.

Does anyone else have problems with MythWeather?
lmatter
Contributor

Post by lmatter »

I have seen the occasional spike, and then I click refresh (or run sensors again) and it's fine. So I haven't worried about it.

I would compare the sensors stuff with licking your finger and holding it into the wind. Not terribly reliable but useful anyway. If anyone wants to spend time making it more exact, please do and I'll incorporate your work into minimyth. I won't be spending much more time on it myself.

Larry
lmatter
Contributor

Post by lmatter »

BTW, what propblems specifically do you have with mythweather. Make sure the /root/.mythtv dir is writable (nfs mount a largish writable area) if you want the radar map.

The problem I had was that it was a pain to select my city out of the known universe. But once set it is working great.

And a little tip for those with more than one system: set the location on one of them, then find that row in the settings table. Update the hostname for that row to null and the setting will become global to all your systems. (disclaimer, mess with the schema at your own risk)

Larry
Eduardo
Contributor

Post by Eduardo »

Mounting via NFS worked to fix the problem. (couldn't seem to do it via samba). But that was okay. I completely rebuilt my system when my PVR 350 arrived Yah! Everything is working great now!

ALmost tore out my hair trying to get my pvr 350 to work, only to discover that IVTV does not like many VIA chipsets, and although this is an FAQ, the symptomatic error messages aren't documented in the FAQ.

AMazingly enough my whole mythbackend is working great with 2 Pentium2 Xeon 450's. I now have a useless motherboard with an AMD 1.6...

Maybe a non epia frontend in the making...