Announcing: DVD player with nice OSD and LCDproc support :-)

Announce/Discuss projects you are working on for MiniMyth

Moderator: Pablo

Would you use this player if it *really* has better OSD and LCDproc support?

Yes
75%
No
13%
Dunno!
13%

Total votes: 8

silverjam

Announcing: DVD player with nice OSD and LCDproc support :-)

Post by silverjam »

Hi all!

I've been using this marvelous piece of software (MiniMyth) for a long time, but have always hated that Xine (or any other player for that sake) doesn't have any nice OSD and any support for LCDproc.... :cry:

This is now changing! I have coded a new DVD front-end for a while now (utilizing xine-lib), and it looks very promising indeed (at the moment it's compiling to about 32K, but it will end a bit higher). 8)

I just wondered if it would be a thing to include in the basic MiniMyth bundle, or if it's something that I should make available through my own website?

Any ideas or opinions about this?

Cheers,
~Silverjam :D
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Is there a place from where the source code can be downloaded?
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.
silverjam

Post by silverjam »

Pablo wrote:Is there a place from where the source code can be downloaded?
I was thinking about putting it up on my website when it's done. -- Haven't had much time for "nerding" lately.

I could send you a copy of the source code as-is, if you'd like. I'm quite unsure on how to compile it in order to get it to work with minimyth... -- Seems like there's no way around setting up the complete minimyth build environment?

Cheers,
~Silverjam :D
silverjam

Finally.....

Post by silverjam »

Hi all,

I finally got some time to get on with this. (Not easy with a 1-year old stumbling around here at home!) :wink:

Anyways: the player is now a project on SourceForge. Please check it out here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xine-lcdproc/

If you have any comments or ideas, please let me know.

Best regards,

~Silverjam :-)