MiniMyth rel-0.4 is released

Announce/Discuss projects you are working on for MiniMyth

Moderator: Pablo

lmatter
Contributor

MiniMyth rel-0.4 is released

Post by lmatter »

Read all about it on the main page. Thanks to everyone that tried the betas and release candidates.
Last edited by lmatter on Sun May 23, 2004 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lmatter
Contributor

Post by lmatter »

BTW, there's really no difference between rc2 and the 0.4 release. If you have a slow internet connection I wouldn't bother to download it. I only changed one file and that was just to change the version string.

Larry
Eduardo
Contributor

Post by Eduardo »

Works great!

Thanks so much for all your effort (and the rest of the group here). Has anyone tried encorporating Xine into mini-myth?

I found that it will work with my DVD rips, in ISO format under myth video. I think the M10 should be able to handle it without the hardware decoder... (i'll let you know).

Is anyone running apps on their minimyth via NFS mounts? I figured that was the easiest way to test without messing with cramfs etc.
jmw

sound skips

Post by jmw »

Hi Larry -

Great work on minimyth 0.4!

I am having some problems with sound. Watching live tv is fine, but playing back recordings, I get sound stutters every few seconds. I have played around with the various sound settings in the mythfrontend, but they are no help. I have tried playing back the recordings on another machine by just smbmounting the filesystem where the .nuv's are and playing them with xine (to make sure the skips aren't in the recording). They are not.

I am running on an ME6000, and the minimyth installation is straight off the shelf, I haven't configured anything except specifying pctv for lirc.

Any ideas there?

jmw
lmatter
Contributor

Post by lmatter »

I had this problem when I had non-default values for the GUI X and Y (and offset) in settings/appearance. It really threw me for a long time (and keep the WAF extremely low). I finally dropped and recreated my mythconverg database and the problem went away which is when I finally clued in on the GUI settings.

I hope that is your problem too as it is easy to fix; just set all the GUI size values to 0. It means your overscan will probably be too much for some of the settings screens but then you can just the vnc client to remotely do the settings.

Larry
jmw

Ah

Post by jmw »

Yup, that must be it. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but when I had 0.2 I was playing around with the settings for screen size/position. So those values are still in the db.

Did they ever fix that mythtv problem where the GUI and the TV playback were different sizes, so that you had to choose whether you wanted the GUI hanging off the bottom of the screen, or the TV picture not taking up the whole screen?
lmatter
Contributor

Post by lmatter »

There is a checkbox that says to use the GUI sizes to size the TV image or something like that (I'm still pre-coffee this morning). I haven't really played with it much, but I think that is what you are talking about.

Larry
Eduardo
Contributor

Post by Eduardo »

In the TV playback settings there is a check box, that says use GUI size settings for playback.

I had to use that, the only problem I have found is in the epg, where the mini picture window does not appear in the correct location. :?

Ed.