MiniMyth Torture Edition (aka MiniMyth-myth cvs, kern 2.6.x)

Announce/Discuss projects you are working on for MiniMyth

Moderator: Pablo

quintesse

Itai's 2.6 version crashes

Post by quintesse »

Itai,

any idea why the 2.6 on your website crashes in the network.script file with the following message (after a long stack trace):

network.script(172) exited with preempt_count 1

Was hoping to get it to work because I have a running backend on version 0.16 (use the ATrpms packages) for quite some time now and I would love to use minimyth as a frontend.
corwin

Re: Itai's 2.6 version crashes

Post by corwin »

quintesse wrote:Itai,

any idea why the 2.6 on your website crashes in the network.script file with the following message (after a long stack trace):

Was hoping to get it to work because I have a running backend on version 0.16 (use the ATrpms packages) for quite some time now and I would love to use minimyth as a frontend.
Sorry, no idea at all. Never heard of a problem at that stage. Since the build is working fine for several M10000 users, I'd look at what might be different in your setup. That script only does two things - bring up lo, and configure eth0 via dhcp. You could disable this script, then plug a keyboard into the frontend and run those commands by hand to see what happens.

Good luck, Itai
quintesse

Post by quintesse »

One thing I can imagine that could be different is the fact that I just upgraded to the latest BIOS (1.16).

But how would I disable that script and enter those commands manually?
antw

Mplayer avi stutters

Post by antw »

Hiyas,

Love this "torture" edition, works much better with my PVR250 than the dirty hack I had been running. The only problem I have now is a minor 1 or 2 frame stutter in Mythvideo (Mplayer no XvMC) playing normal 350Mb avi files (TV series episodes =). Seems to show up every 4-10minutes sometimes a little more often. The files played perfectly on my old boot image, that was a slightly newer MPlayer version without XvMC support however.
My CPU is running nice and cool under 60C and about 40-60% usage during playback, so I don't think thats a problem.

Config: M10000, 256Mb RAM, 100Mb wired network, SP/DIF output, no internal discs, no PCI cards, homebrew IR reciever.

Anyone else see this? Curious before I test installing another MPlayer version.

/Ant
isaac

Re: Itai's 2.6 version crashes

Post by isaac »

quintesse wrote:Itai,

FWIW this happened to me and a power cycle fixed it. Try holding the power button in until the box shuts down completely and then start it again.
chbeer

New version?!

Post by chbeer »

Hi corwin,

is there a chance, that there will be a 0.17 version of your mini-myth torture edition? I love it, because it simply worked. And it works fast!

Or can you tell me, if the new GAR-version of minimyth is a good place to start? I know linux and I know compiling but I don't have the time and I am no linux-geek... so downloading your minimyth was a nice start for me...

I am using debian as server. Is it easy to recompile or change your minimyth?

Thanks in advance,

christian
lmatter
Contributor

Post by lmatter »

Not to steal the thunder from Corwin's version, but you don't have to compile the gar version to use it. We have uploaded binaries of the beta; you should be able to just download and boot (after a few configuration steps).

Larry
corwin

Re: New version?!

Post by corwin »

chbeer wrote:Hi corwin,

is there a chance, that there will be a 0.17 version of your mini-myth torture edition? I love it, because it simply worked. And it works fast!
christian
I've wanted to upload a new build for quite a while, but my current build has font problems which I haven't managed to fix yet.

See how the Gar binaries work for you... if you still need it, I'll upload my current build as-is.
lmatter wrote:Not to steal the thunder from Corwin's version, but you don't have to compile the gar version to use it. We have uploaded binaries of the beta; you should be able to just download and boot (after a few configuration steps).
Oh, steal, please :) This isn't a competition... glad to see your build getting better.