MiniMyth-0.1-jm

Announce/Discuss projects you are working on for MiniMyth

Moderator: Pablo

Hairlocks
Contributor

MiniMyth-0.1-jm

Post by Hairlocks »

I have a version of minimyth that I am almost ready to let others try. Above minimyth-0.1 it has

kernel 2.4.22
support for the ATI remote, append LIRC=ati_rf
All the current myth v0.11 plugins (except mythweb) avaliable
mplayer
Xine
xmame ( I think snes9x but I can't remember copying it across)
and PAL support append TV_TYPE=PAL

I have created this but installing gentoo with all the myth modules and then I copied all the neccessary binaries and libary files over to the minimyth rootfs. There are quite a few problems with it at the moment
1) Xine doesn't work yet.
2) mplayer works but by default the sound is very quite (need to use /usr/local/bin/aumix-minimal to turn the volume up) but otherwise mythDVD works with mplayer
3) I can't nfs mount anything to check mythvideo, mythgallery or mythgame
4) I may of broken lirc remote support. (as i don't own one)

but mythweather is fine.

The root filesystem is 185Mb before it is compressed, Although 96Mb of that are the 5 xmame binaries which can easily be left out if you don't want mythgame. If you want a copy before I get around to posting it on the web somewhere PM me and I will e-mail it to you.

DISCLAIMER: View this like the ac patches to the kernel, a few additions I like to seen added to minimyth until minimyth inculdes them. I will also post the script I used to copy the the libaries and binaries over to the minimyth image.
lmatter
Contributor

Post by lmatter »

I think this is great.

I don't have a lot of time, so I will probably only work on things that I really want. Pitching in from others is definitely appreciated.

185M is, uh, more than I imagined this little guy woud grow to (sorry for the bad grammar). 96 is even a little more than I am comfortable with (though it would work for me). So I will probably start looking at NFS.

Larry
Hairlocks
Contributor

Post by Hairlocks »

minimyth-0.1-jm1 is avaliable at

http://www.hairlocks.nildram.co.uk/

which has none of the xmame binaries. Cramfs size is 42 MB. It now uses the 2.4.21-ac3 kernel so the lirc modules work (I hope). I still neeed to get nfs working, and to sort out the remote key mapping for both mplayer and xine.

to use mplayer I suggest

aumix-minimal -v 100,100;aumix-minimal -w 100,100;mplayer dvd:// -dvd-device %d -fs -zoom -vo xv

and for xine I suggest

xine -s DVD -f -h -c /etc/xine.config

the xine.config doesn't exist yet, but it opens up a settings window if you don't specify one.

Comes with libdvdcss, but I don't think this is ilegal in the UK, if it is please tell me and I will remove it. ( but it makes the DVD player pretty useless)
Stuart

Re: MiniMyth-0.1-jm

Post by Stuart »

Hairlocks wrote:I have a version of minimyth that I am almost ready to let others try.
It's a small world, isn't it? I find it very difficult to believe that there is more than one Hairlocks near Reading. Want me to pop round? *grin* And yes, you do know me.

I have EPIA-M10k with Hauppage PVR-250. I'm having teething troubles getting lirc to work with the Hauppage I2C IR decoder and would be interested in helping out :)

I have the box already net booting debian linux over the network or booting Freepia from the HDD or CD.
Hairlocks
Contributor

Post by Hairlocks »

You can pop over this weekend if you like, don't expect too much help with the with lirc though, my remote mimics a USB keyboard!
and

minimyth as standalone with pvr250

Post by and »

How easy is it to make minimyth work as a standalone with a pvr250?

I have a pvr250-ntsc and the M10K nehemia board and it's working well today with mythtv 0.11 (installed from atrpms and some personal hacking), but I'm about to move to PAL land (Denmark) and would much rather simplify my experience by using the minimyth distro...

Any thoughts or suggestions?

thanks
anders
Hairlocks
Contributor

Post by Hairlocks »

If you are going to use it standalone it will be a lot quicker and easier to use a standerd distributed and myth install. Minimyth is missing alot of stuff needed to make it standalone.
Hairlocks
Contributor

Post by Hairlocks »

lmatter
Contributor

Post by lmatter »

I think the question is whether it is easier to change minimyth or just use redhat/mandrake. If you are going to make a standalong box I would assume you would put a disk in it, in which case it's probably easier to use a standard distro.

Having said that I do plan to try this out some day, but not for a while.

Larry
and

Post by and »

I just seemed a nice way to get all the epia m10K optimizations and drivers in one go, but Ill have a look at the knoppix version
thanks
anders