Moderator: Pablo

bigA

Post by bigA »

I am getting this from dmesg

lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
lirc_serial: auto-detected active low receiver
lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin:sample_rate: 0

so that looks ok?

the lircrc file is blank in etc , could be the problem.

<edit>
ok, I have the lircrc file loading from the conf dir, but still no go.
Last edited by bigA on Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------
We Live to Survive our Paradoxes!
bigA

Post by bigA »

looks like there is an error in the lirc.script

I use irrecord and it is trying to use /dev/lirc instead of /dev/lirc0

I can manually restart lircd.serial --device=/dev/lirc0 and irrecord works.
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

bigA wrote:looks like there is an error in the lirc.script

I use irrecord and it is trying to use /dev/lirc instead of /dev/lirc0

I can manually restart lircd.serial --device=/dev/lirc0 and irrecord works.
Two questions.

(1) When you let MiniMyth start lircd.serial, what does it use for command line arguments? You can find out what it is by looking at the result of 'ps ax' at the command prompt.

(2) In your lircrc file, are you setting the value of the prog field to the actual program name (mythtv, mplayer or xine) or to irxevent? While MiniMyth 0.5.1 uses irxevent, MiniMyth 0.17 uses the actual program name, since all the programs are linked to lirc.
bigA

Post by bigA »

(1) When you let MiniMyth start lircd.serial, what does it use for command line arguments? You can find out what it is by looking at the result of 'ps ax' at the command prompt.
I did not think to look there.
lircd.serial --device=/dev/lirc0
so that seems ok, but irrecord complains
(2) In your lircrc file, are you setting the value of the prog field to the actual program name (mythtv, mplayer or xine) or to irxevent? While MiniMyth 0.5.1 uses irxevent, MiniMyth 0.17 uses the actual program name, since all the programs are linked to lirc.
I just copied over the lircrc from 0.5.1 and it links to irxevent, guess it will need to change. Is there one available, the one in the binary is empty?

Thanks
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

bigA wrote:I just copied over the lircrc from 0.5.1 and it links to irxevent, guess it will need to change. Is there one available, the one in the binary is empty?
Jarod has one at <http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/lircrc-RS.txt>. I started with his. You will need to tweak the button names to match the button names in your lircd.conf file.
bigA

Post by bigA »

Thanks Pablo.

ok, getting closer I have left, right and numbers but the exit and up and down are not responding. I will try later today to see what is happening.

Cheers...
notfred

Post by notfred »

I've got a weird problem, the backgrounds in the themes are shimmering. I've raised a bug on this but Pablo's not sure and suggested I post here to see if anyone else sees this.

It's almost as if the horizontal hold is failing, but it isn't because the text and boxes in the foreground are firm, it's just the smokey lines in the backgrounds. Watching recordings is good as well.

This is on a Sony KV32HS500, an HDTV capable set and I'm connected via S-Video. I'm wondering if this is some sort of bizarre interaction between the interlacing and scanning between the generation in progressive, output in interlaced and then TV possibly converting back to progressive for display.

I was on BIOS 1.13 and upgraded to BIOS 1.16 to see if that made a difference but it didn't. This is on an EPIA M10000. I'll try playing around with output settings in the BIOS and try plugging a monitor into it and see if that makes any difference.

Anyone else seeing this or have any ideas?
bigA

Post by bigA »

I am outputting to a toshiba 50 HDTV with composite video and a M10K and everything looks fine, the same as the previous version.
dbrooke

Re: hauppauge remote

Post by dbrooke »

bigA wrote:
I am trying to figure out how to get my hauppauge remote working with no luck.
I'm using a "light grey" Hauppauge remote with a homebrew receiver on the internal header. My config files are at http://dbrooke.org.uk/mythtv/minimyth/

Dave
bigA

Post by bigA »

Thanks I will take a look at your configs and see what I missed. I got mine going as soon as Pablo mentioned that the release is using the built in support for LIRC in Myth.

Everything is looking good, but I am not happy about the forward and rewind, not smooth at all, and the screen is garbled as it happens. I am asuming it is because of the Unichrome drive using the XV controls, and that they are still working out bugs, or have I set something up wrong?

Cheers...
Eduardo
Contributor

Post by Eduardo »

but I am not happy about the forward and rewind, not smooth at all
Just for clarification are you talking MythTV, MythVideo, MythDVD....

PS: is that a signed "Tragically Hip" shirt in your profile?
bigA

Post by bigA »

but I am not happy about the forward and rewind, not smooth at all
Just for clarification are you talking MythTV, MythVideo, MythDVD....
Just MythTV, I have not tried the others yet. I just read something about times not being in sync, and playback has a problem determining the length of the program viewing. Could be the problem since the total time in the OSD jumps all over when I ffw/rrw, anyone else know about this?
PS: is that a signed "Tragically Hip" shirt in your profile?
Yes it is, signed when I saw them in Seattle in October, great show. I am in the process of creating a DVD from two camera angles I have of the show.
bigA

Post by bigA »

Just MythTV, I have not tried the others yet. I just read something about times not being in sync, and playback has a problem determining the length of the program viewing. Could be the problem since the total time in the OSD jumps all over when I ffw/rrw, anyone else know about this?
Well I copied over my /etc/localtime and set the time server in the minimyth.conf and fwd/rew works great now in mythtv.
notfred

Post by notfred »

bigA wrote:I am outputting to a toshiba 50 HDTV with composite video and a M10K and everything looks fine, the same as the previous version.
I'm on S-Video for the (hopefully) better quality and also because I'm using the RCA socket for digital audio to the receiver for DVDs etc. Will try swapping stuff around when I get a chance.

May also be related to any difference between Toshiba and Sony in how they upconvert SDTV for display on an HDTV screen.
zNightLite

Compile on amd64

Post by zNightLite »

Hi,

Any chance on getting it to compile again on AMD64? Or, using a cross i686 compiler? It uses to compile. I had tried a number of hack. It is failing at compiling gcc, such as missiong crt*.o, libc.so.6, or can not find include file.

-Loc