MiniMyth-0.17beta2

Announce/Discuss projects you are working on for MiniMyth

Moderator: Pablo

lmatter
Contributor

MiniMyth-0.17beta2

Post by lmatter »

Pablo and I are pleased to announce the second beta of MiniMyth-0.17.

New to this release are:

USB keyboard and mouse support
Unionfs (similar to transparency in MiniMyth-0.5.1)
Unified architecture (pentium_mmx): One file fits all.
Makefile-based init (not currently enabled by default).
Patched myth programs with defaults suited to EPIA
Support for digital (S/PDIF) sound using MM_SOUND.
Support for changing mythfrontend database entries.
And a whole bunch of bug fixes.

It's available here

Please log bugs for any issues you find.

Enjoy!
Larry
cyrus007

Does it support usb-storage

Post by cyrus007 »

I was wondering if it supports USB storage devices yet ? Can I mount /mnt/camera and view images using MythGallery ?
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Does it support usb-storage

Post by Pablo »

cyrus007 wrote:I was wondering if it supports USB storage devices yet ? Can I mount /mnt/camera and view images using MythGallery ?
This could be a nice feature, especially for my wife who uses a digital camera.

Anyway, the answer to your question is yes and no.

It has support for USB mass storage devices.

It does not have FAT file system support in the kernel, so it does not support cameras and other flash devices. I have added FAT file system support in change#224 and I am able to mount my USB flash drive.

It does not have autofs. As a result, you need to manually mount the camera. When I have the time to get it working, I will add autofs.
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Does it support usb-storage

Post by Pablo »

Pablo wrote:
cyrus007 wrote:I was wondering if it supports USB storage devices yet ? Can I mount /mnt/camera and view images using MythGallery ?
It does not have autofs. As a result, you need to manually mount the camera. When I have the time to get it working, I will add autofs.
In change#225, I added automount support using a udev script. It mounts the device in /mnt with the same name as it has in /dev. Therefore, a USB flash device which appears as /dev/sda mounts as /mnt/sda.
lmatter
Contributor

Post by lmatter »

It looks like things are stabilizing and we can produce a release candidate soon.

If you have issues with beta2, please log bugs sooner rather than later.

Thanks!
Larry
gark

Post by gark »

Is there any chance you could release the source of the kernel (incl .config) used in this release? This kernel works perfectly with my system, but I need support for some additional hardware. Have been trying to reproduce the kernel + additional hardware support for a couple of days now, but no luck.. would be great help if the kernel-source (or at least the patches used + .config) could be avaliable for download somewhere on this site.

Thanks,
ES
MartinE75

lcdproc included?

Post by MartinE75 »

Hi,

since i want to integrate an LCD display in the near future, i just would like to ask if lcdproc is included in minimyth.

I read some postings here which makes me think that it's included but i found no executable or something like this on my frontend when i did a short look.
Haven't read that much now, just to be sure.

Big thanks for integrating irexec in beta2 !!!!

Martin
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: lcdproc included?

Post by Pablo »

MartinE75 wrote:Hi,

since i want to integrate an LCD display in the near future, i just would like to ask if lcdproc is included in minimyth.

I read some postings here which makes me think that it's included but i found no executable or something like this on my frontend when i did a short look.
Haven't read that much now, just to be sure.

Big thanks for integrating irexec in beta2 !!!!

Martin
No, it is not integrated. I will look into integrating it. In addition, I will enable parallel port support in the kernel, since these devices often use the parallel port. However, since I do not have an LCD display, I cannot test it.
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: lcdproc included?

Post by Pablo »

Pablo wrote:No, it is not integrated. I will look into integrating it. In addition, I will enable parallel port support in the kernel, since these devices often use the parallel port. However, since I do not have an LCD display, I cannot test it.
Ok, I checked in the changes for LCD support (change#236). It does not include an /etc/LCDd.conf file and it does not start the LCDd daemon. In addition, as I said, since I do not have an LCD display, I have no idea whether or not it will work.
MartinE75

Post by MartinE75 »

O.K., i'll try to test it in the next few days - not many time at the moment.

Thanks for the changes!
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

gark wrote:Is there any chance you could release the source of the kernel (incl .config) used in this release? This kernel works perfectly with my system, but I need support for some additional hardware. Have been trying to reproduce the kernel + additional hardware support for a couple of days now, but no luck.. would be great help if the kernel-source (or at least the patches used + .config) could be avaliable for download somewhere on this site.

Thanks,
ES
The build system can be checked out from the version control system. Instructions can be found here http://linpvr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=290. For the label, use '0.17.0.0beta2' rather than '0.0.4'.
MartinE75

build error

Post by MartinE75 »

Hi,

i tried to build minimyth for the first time and got stucked at mythepg with these errors:

Code: Select all

/var/lib/perforce/gar-minimyth/images/main//usr/lib/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so: undefined reference to `__pthread_register_cancel@GLIBC_2.3.3'
/var/lib/perforce/gar-minimyth/images/main//usr/lib/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so: undefined reference to `__pthread_unregister_cancel@GLIBC_2.3.3'
Any idea what is wrong - i haven't got a clue
Eduardo
Contributor

Post by Eduardo »

How is nfs expected to be mounted?
I notice that the user seems to be root (uid 0) on minimyth. As such I can't write on the nfs mounts, which I think is causing problems in mythgallery and parts of mythvideo (can't delete files etc).

Is there an expectation to mount the shares with "no root squash" option turned on (highly insecure on your fileserver) or is there a plan to actually run minimyth as a user other than root?
Eduardo
-- M10000-Ezra 512M minimyth-0.19 / AMD 1.1 GHz 512M PVR350 w/tvout Myth 0.19 knoppmyth.R5B7
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Eduardo wrote:How is nfs expected to be mounted?
I notice that the user seems to be root (uid 0) on minimyth. As such I can't write on the nfs mounts, which I think is causing problems in mythgallery and parts of mythvideo (can't delete files etc).

Is there an expectation to mount the shares with "no root squash" option turned on (highly insecure on your fileserver) or is there a plan to actually run minimyth as a user other than root?
Yes, MiniMyth runs everything as root.

I do not use NFS, I use CIFS, so I am not sure about the following suggestion.

My understanding is that you can specify the uid and gid to which root is squashed for a particular NFS share by specifying anonuid and anongid for that share in /etc/exports. By doing this, you should be able to squash root to a user or group that has write access.
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: build error

Post by Pablo »

MartinE75 wrote:Hi,

i tried to build minimyth for the first time and got stucked at mythepg with these errors:

Code: Select all

/var/lib/perforce/gar-minimyth/images/main//usr/lib/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so: undefined reference to `__pthread_register_cancel@GLIBC_2.3.3'
/var/lib/perforce/gar-minimyth/images/main//usr/lib/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so: undefined reference to `__pthread_unregister_cancel@GLIBC_2.3.3'
Any idea what is wrong - i haven't got a clue
Have you correctly set mm_HOME in minimyth.conf? The reason that I ask is it appears that you downloaded the build system into /usr/src, but it is building in /var/lib/perforce.

For some reason, it appears that libqt-mt.so has picked up stuff from glibc 2.3.3, which I assume is the version of your system's glibc.