MiniMyth-0.17beta2

Announce/Discuss projects you are working on for MiniMyth

Moderator: Pablo

cyrus007

Bootsplash after loading from TFTP

Post by cyrus007 »

Is there any plans to show the bootsplash screen after the kernel and rootfs is loaded from TFTP server ? It would be good to add that before the final release.
-cyrus
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Bootsplash after loading from TFTP

Post by Pablo »

cyrus007 wrote:Is there any plans to show the bootsplash screen after the kernel and rootfs is loaded from TFTP server ? It would be good to add that before the final release.
-cyrus
I did not have any such plan. Is there some MiniMyth / MythTV splash screen that people would like to include?
lmatter
Contributor

Post by lmatter »

Oscar Carlsson made one a *long* time ago. I have a copy here:

http://linpvr.org/dnload/mythtv-bootsplash-0.2.tar

But I've never tried it. Might be worth a look though.

Larry
MartinE75

Re: build error

Post by MartinE75 »

I changed the mm_HOME to /usr/src/gar-minimyth and recompiled everything but get stucked again with the same message.

My system glibc version is 2.3.4.

Any ideas?
Could you provide an image with LCDd?

Martin
Pablo wrote:
MartinE75 wrote:Hi,

i tried to build minimyth for the first time and got stucked at mythepg with these errors:

Code: Select all

/var/lib/perforce/gar-minimyth/images/main//usr/lib/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so: undefined reference to `__pthread_register_cancel@GLIBC_2.3.3'
/var/lib/perforce/gar-minimyth/images/main//usr/lib/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so: undefined reference to `__pthread_unregister_cancel@GLIBC_2.3.3'
Any idea what is wrong - i haven't got a clue
Have you correctly set mm_HOME in minimyth.conf? The reason that I ask is it appears that you downloaded the build system into /usr/src, but it is building in /var/lib/perforce.

For some reason, it appears that libqt-mt.so has picked up stuff from glibc 2.3.3, which I assume is the version of your system's glibc.
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: build error

Post by Pablo »

MartinE75 wrote:I changed the mm_HOME to /usr/src/gar-minimyth and recompiled everything but get stucked again with the same message.

My system glibc version is 2.3.4.

Any ideas?
Could you provide an image with LCDd?
I have no idea why this is happening.

With the addition of LCDd and bootsplash, I believe that it would be good to have another beta. I will put something out in the next few days.