MiniMyth rel-0.17beta3

Announce/Discuss projects you are working on for MiniMyth

Moderator: Pablo

lmatter
Contributor

MiniMyth rel-0.17beta3

Post by lmatter »

Pablo has released a third beta. This release has bootsplash and untested LCDd. To enable bootsplash, add vga=788 to your pxe APPEND line. For example, you might want to add 'vga=788 splash=silent quiet' to the APPEND line (without the quotes).

As usual, please report bugs at http://linpvr.org/bugs

Enjoy!
Larry
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

The files can be found here.

Also, ALSA OSS emulation has been removed. Therefore, if you have not already done so, you will need to configure MythTV and MythMusic to use ALSA.
Last edited by Pablo on Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MartinE75

LCDd

Post by MartinE75 »

Hi,

LCDd does work!

Anyway, 2 things don't work:
1) minimyth.script
The script is loaded from the tftp server but has no execute permissions in /etc/minimyth.d/ although it has execute permissions on the tftp server.
Therefore i can't copy the LCDd.conf file from the server to my minimyth and start the LCDd automatically.

2) MythMusic
For any reasons the beta3 doesn't play my mp3 files although beta2 does.

Martin
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: LCDd

Post by Pablo »

MartinE75 wrote:Hi,

LCDd does work!
That is good.
Anyway, 2 things don't work:
1) minimyth.script
The script is loaded from the tftp server but has no execute permissions in /etc/minimyth.d/ although it has execute permissions on the tftp server.
Therefore i can't copy the LCDd.conf file from the server to my minimyth and start the LCDd automatically.
All the scripts, including 'minimyth.script', are called using 'sh /etc/minimyth.d/<script>'. Therefore, they do not need execute permissions.

When I put the file 'LCDd.conf' in my conf directory on the TFTP server and the line 'mm_conf_get LCDd.conf /etc/LCDd.conf' in my 'minimyth.script' file, the 'LCDd.conf' file is transfered from the TFTP server to the Minimyth frontend. Therefore, I think that you are having some other problem.
2) MythMusic
For any reasons the beta3 doesn't play my mp3 files although beta2 does.

Martin
I am able to play MP3 files with MythMusic. Could you provide more detail?
MartinE75

Post by MartinE75 »

OK, my minimyth.script works now. The problem was that i tried to start irexec before the LCDd which doesn't work for any reason.
I'll try to find the problem when i have time...

I'll also try to locate the mp3 problem since nothing changed on server side and i can start playback of the mp3's from a telnet session on my frontend.
At the moment i think it has to do something with visualizations - but that's just a guess.

The next problem is, that after resume from ram the LCDd is not reinitializing the LCD display. I hope i can solve this with a supend-resume script.

Anyway, my problems should not stop the release of a 0.17 minimyth since MythTV 0.18 was already realeased and my problems are very specific...

Thanks for your great work!
Martin
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

MartinE75 wrote:I'll also try to locate the mp3 problem since nothing changed on server side and i can start playback of the mp3's from a telnet session on my frontend.
At the moment i think it has to do something with visualizations - but that's just a guess.
Something just occured to me. Are you using ALSA (ALSA:default) for your audio output in MythMusic? If not, that could be the problem. Since I could not find anything that was still using the ALSA OSS emulation layer, I removed it.
Eduardo
Contributor

Post by Eduardo »

Ahg! only to have mythtv move to 0.18....
Eduardo
-- M10000-Ezra 512M minimyth-0.19 / AMD 1.1 GHz 512M PVR350 w/tvout Myth 0.19 knoppmyth.R5B7
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Eduardo wrote:Ahg! only to have mythtv move to 0.18....
Other than my irrational desire to alway be running the latest release, is there any reason to run 0.18?
cyrus007

Lots of fixes and updates

Post by cyrus007 »

Pablo wrote:
Eduardo wrote:Ahg! only to have mythtv move to 0.18....
Other than my irrational desire to alway be running the latest release, is there any reason to run 0.18?
No major change except for structure has changed from 11 source files to 3, but lots of fixes and updates. See the list at http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/NewVersion I would vote for version 0.18

-cyrus
ss

Vote for version 0.18

Post by ss »

Me too. Would also like to see kernel upgrade with new video drivers from VIA
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Vote for version 0.18

Post by Pablo »

ss wrote:Me too. Would also like to see kernel upgrade with new video drivers from VIA
Why do you want the Via drivers? MythTV works with the community developed Open Source Unichrome drivers, not Via developed drivers.
ss

Why via drivers?

Post by ss »

Well no particular reason other than the fact that the Unichrome drivers did not work well for my set up. I have an offset on my screen that never changes (no matter what) and I cannot seem to change the resolution on the M10k hardware and the LCD monitor.

Anyway not a big issue, just though it may be nice to have as the monitor is capable of higher resolution and my photographs always look better on the monitor than on the TV screen.

SS
AndrewDV

Post by AndrewDV »

I am willing to wait for newer versions of MythTV given the effort of restructuring minimyth to gar requires. A lot of work went into this and solidifying the structure now could very well make it easier for future versions to be released.
Eduardo
Contributor

Post by Eduardo »

I guess the other issue will be: is there significant change in 0.18 that will have us changing our backend systems, thus the need to change the front end to support it.

EDIT: There is some good stuff in the commercial skip areas, there is lots of more backend related issues (nuvexport, comm flag, mythweb, etc) that people may want. I'm not sure if a .17 frontend with a .18 backend is compatible or not.
Eduardo
-- M10000-Ezra 512M minimyth-0.19 / AMD 1.1 GHz 512M PVR350 w/tvout Myth 0.19 knoppmyth.R5B7
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Eduardo wrote:I guess the other issue will be: is there significant change in 0.18 that will have us changing our backend systems, thus the need to change the front end to support it.

EDIT: There is some good stuff in the commercial skip areas, there is lots of more backend related issues (nuvexport, comm flag, mythweb, etc) that people may want. I'm not sure if a .17 frontend with a .18 backend is compatible or not.
They bumped the protocol revision, so I do not believe that 0.17 and 0.18 are compatible.

Once 0.18 (including themes and plugins) is available from atrpms.net (I use FC3), I will look into what it will take to upgrade to 0.18. My brief experience with the new MythTV configure script has shown that it will require some patching to make it cross compile.