MiniMyth rel-0.17beta3

Announce/Discuss projects you are working on for MiniMyth

Moderator: Pablo

Eduardo
Contributor

Post by Eduardo »

Anyone seen an issue in mythvideo where the movie just stops part way through? I've had this happen a few times lately... the only weird log is

Code: Select all

Apr 21 17:46:18 myth1 lircd 0.7.0: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
Apr 21 17:46:23 myth1 lircd 0.7.0: read() failed
Apr 21 17:46:23 myth1 lircd 0.7.0: Connection reset by peer
Apr 21 17:46:23 myth1 lircd 0.7.0: removed client
Apr 21 17:46:26 myth1 lircd 0.7.0: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
Apr 21 17:51:12 myth1 lircd 0.7.0: removed client
Apr 21 17:51:15 myth1 lircd 0.7.0: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
Apr 21 17:51:21 myth1 lircd 0.7.0: read() failed
Apr 21 17:51:21 myth1 lircd 0.7.0: Connection reset by peer
Apr 21 17:51:21 myth1 lircd 0.7.0: removed client
I'll play the movie again and when fast forwarding/skipping it dumps me again, and again. Don't think it ever happened under beta1

bizarre.
Eduardo
-- M10000-Ezra 512M minimyth-0.19 / AMD 1.1 GHz 512M PVR350 w/tvout Myth 0.19 knoppmyth.R5B7
slifox

Post by slifox »

I just gave this version a whirl (first since, oh, v0.4.. guess I'm kinda behind), and I'm having some issues getting lirc to work. If anyone can offer some suggestions I'd be grateful...

I have my old (works in 0.4rc3) lircd.conf and lircrc files uploaded (I've verified they're uploaded and being used). I've updated my lircrc file for mythtv instead of the old irxevent method.

My old setup (0.4rc3) was very customized, but generally loaded lirc like this:
mknod /tmp/lirc c 61 o
insmod -r lirc_serial type=0 irq=3 io=0x02f8
/sbin/lircd.homebrew

The IR device is homemade and attached to an internal serial port... I believe its com2 but I don't remember.

My current minimyth.conf has the following:
MM_LIRC_REMOTE=hauppauge_R808
MM_LIRC_DRIVER=serial
MM_LIRC_DEVICE=/dev/lirc0
MM_LIRC_KERNEL_MODULE=lirc_serial
MM_LIRC_KERNEL_MODULE_OPTIONS=type=0 irq=3 io=0x02f8 debug=1

I've tried different DEVICE's but to no avail. In the above config lircd loads and says it accepts a new client with no errors, just no remote buttons work. Additionally, I don't think my KERNEL_MODULE_OPTIONS are actually being used (adding debug=1 did nothing).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
-Alex
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

slifox wrote:MM_LIRC_KERNEL_MODULE_OPTIONS=type=0 irq=3 io=0x02f8 debug=1
Do you have quotes?

MM_LIRC_KERNEL_MODULE_OPTIONS="type=0 irq=3 io=0x02f8 debug=1"
Eduardo
Contributor

Post by Eduardo »

Check the help/documentation post, the format of lircrc has changed, doesn't use the irxevent (or somethin like that) lines in the files from before. So you need to re-write it.
http://linpvr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=307
Eduardo
-- M10000-Ezra 512M minimyth-0.19 / AMD 1.1 GHz 512M PVR350 w/tvout Myth 0.19 knoppmyth.R5B7
gugux
Contributor

lirc not working too

Post by gugux »

Hi,

I'm a new user of mythtv and minimyth. I was using freevix before but the development has been stopped for so long now, even the website does not respond anymore.

Anyway, after tweaking a few things almost everything is working now and I'm very happy with it (very nice stuff, guys !). I have an EPIA ME6000 MB and even MPEG2 HW decoding seems to work well, very very nice !

The main thing that is not working yet is lirc : I'm having a IR module bought on a website (and nicely working with freevix with lirc_serial module) connected to serial port 1, and once modprobing lirc_serial and trying irrecord.serial -d /dev/lirc0 /tmp/test, it does not record anything. Does somebody have the same hardware and have it working ?

Once lirc is ok, I'll try LCD.

BTW, my backend is 0.18 (a few errors on the protocol version sometimes, but globally it works well), but I don't think it changes anything for irrecord ...

Bye.
gugux
Contributor

Update

Post by gugux »

Hi !

Update status : LCDproc works ! Nice ... But it does not display MP3 infos (time, title, etc ...) during MP3 playback, but Time (hh:mm). Is this normal ? (I tried to deactivate time display in setup, no change).

Still missing LCD to be perfect ;-)
gugux
Contributor

Update 2 (already back)

Post by gugux »

Ok, soory to bother you again with my problems, but this one is strange : I get an error about /mnt/gallery when I cd to /mnt and do a ls -l : permission denied.

The gallery dir is not displayed, but seems to be there : and I can't chmod it, although I'm root (id gives 0).

Do you guys have the same problem or not ? I can't get it on this one :-(

Thanks again !
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Update 2 (already back)

Post by Pablo »

gugux wrote:Ok, soory to bother you again with my problems, but this one is strange : I get an error about /mnt/gallery when I cd to /mnt and do a ls -l : permission denied.

The gallery dir is not displayed, but seems to be there : and I can't chmod it, although I'm root (id gives 0).

Do you guys have the same problem or not ? I can't get it on this one :-(

Thanks again !
I have never seen this. I suspect that it is a permissions issue on the file server. While you are root on the frontend., it is unlikely that you are root on the file server. For example, NFS changes (squashes) the root account to the anonymous account (usually 'nobody').

How are you mounting /mnt/gallery?
If you are using NFS, what is the line in your /etc/exports file?
What are the permissions on the exported directory?
gugux
Contributor

Good for mythgallery

Post by gugux »

Ok, nice Pablo, you were right, it was a rights pb on the directory on the backend, I thought I was sure to hav ethe same rights on all my directories, but no ...

BTW, on my ither message, I was talking about LIRC, not LCD ;) So, nobody has an idea for my LIRC pb ?

The audio CD play seems to crash minimyth too ... Mmmm, strange .... And is it normal to not have informations on LCD while playing MP3 and Divx ?
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: lirc not working too

Post by Pablo »

gugux wrote:The main thing that is not working yet is lirc : I'm having a IR module bought on a website (and nicely working with freevix with lirc_serial module) connected to serial port 1, and once modprobing lirc_serial and trying irrecord.serial -d /dev/lirc0 /tmp/test, it does not record anything. Does somebody have the same hardware and have it working ?
I do not have a serial IR reciever, so I do not have first hand experience. However, people often specify some options for the lirc_serial kernel module. For example, I believe that people have used

MM_LIRC_KERNEL_MODULE_OPTIONS="type=0 irq=4 io=0x03f8"
and

MM_LIRC_KERNEL_MODULE_OPTIONS="type=0 irq=3 io=0x02f8"
depending on the COM port being used.
gugux
Contributor

lirc

Post by gugux »

Yes, I have already tried the options for port IO with no success. But I'll retry tonight.

If I remember correctly, lirc_serial takes control of the COM PORT 1, so there must be NO COM PORT support in the kernel for this to work. Did you enable the COM PORT support in the kernel or not ?

Bye and thanks again.
monkeyBox

Post by monkeyBox »

Is there an update howto on using this version of minimyth? I haven't used minimyth for quite awhile, and it looks like some things have changed quite a bit.
gugux
Contributor

Doc

Post by gugux »

MonkeyBox : here's the most recent I've seen :

http://www.linpvr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=307
gugux
Contributor

Arg !

Post by gugux »

Ok, I'm TOOOO stupid :-(

I had changed the configuration in the BIOS to something unusual, IRQ 3 and IO 0x2F8, and then forgot it. And in freevix I had recompiled the module with options forced, so that's why it was working in freevix and not minimyth.

Ok, now everything seems ok. I'm still having crashes when I put a audio CD and try to read it, and LCD does not show any information when playing MP3 or AVI, but that comes from mplayer. Is it possible to have mplayer display informations to the LCD ?

Anyway, minimyth is too cool, I'm mounting a second PVR with it !