MiniMyth rel-0.18beta1

Announce/Discuss projects you are working on for MiniMyth

Moderator: Pablo

Pablo
Site Admin

MiniMyth rel-0.18beta1

Post by Pablo »

MiniMyth rel-0.18beta1 is available. This release switches from MythTV 0.17 to MythTV 0.18.

For those that want MythTV 0.17, you can download MiniMyth rel-0.17. Since I no longer have a MythTV 0.17 backend, this will be the last relese of MiniMyth 0.17 that I can work on.
monkeyBox

Post by monkeyBox »

Is there any way to get the rootfs in a .tar.gz file? or is there a way to extract the crammed filesystem? Also, is there any way could we get a look at the kernel .config?
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

monkeyBox wrote:Is there any way to get the rootfs in a .tar.gz file? or is there a way to extract the crammed filesystem?
You can always mount it

Code: Select all

mount -o loop -t cramfs rootfs-minimyth-0.18.0.0beta1 <mount-point>
Also, is there any way could we get a look at the kernel .config?
It can be checked out of version control. Also, he kernel is not quite stock ... it has a couple of patches applied. These patches can also be checked out of version control.
monkeyBox

Post by monkeyBox »

great! I just installed minimyth-0.18-beta. I really like the changes made since 0.15. MUCH easier to configure! I have a couple of problems though.

First, I can't get the GUI X and Y offset to work. I have to resize and reposition my GUI in order to get everything looking good on my TV. When I change the X and Y offset settings, it doesn't really reposition it. The resize seems to work ok, but the positioning does not.

Second, The OSD is in grayscale. I've noticed this has been a problem for me since I fist started using minimyth. Is there a way to fix it? I was recently using a Gentoo/NFS solution and my OSD was color. Does everyone else have this problem? Is there a setting I can change?
telsin
Contributor

Is there a way to view the changelogs?

Post by telsin »

I see pablo refer to change #228 or somesuch occasionally, is there a way for us to view the change list?
notfred

Post by notfred »

monkeyBox:
The greyscale OSD is because it is using the VIA XvMC unichrome driver. You may have not been using this hardware acceleration in the past, you were probably using Xv. I know there is work going on in MythTV to support a colour XvMC OSD. The XvMC hardware acceleration means that my EPIA box is only using less than 30% CPU to watch MythTV.

Telsin:
I think you are talking about bug numbers, see http://linpvr.org/bugs/
lmatter
Contributor

Post by lmatter »

Telsin:

You can use the "p4 describe" command to view a change number. Do "p4 help describe" for more info.

Larry
monkeyBox

Post by monkeyBox »

Anyone have any idea why the x,y gui positioning isn't working? Has anyone tried this?
slifox

Post by slifox »

Just got it all working!

I too am having problems with the gui x/y settings... can anyone clarify these? Are they working for anyone? If not, is there another way of changing the gui size?

Also, one annoying thing about lirc that didnt happen with my old 0.4: pressing any button that uses Esc at the main menu kills X but not the box (I think I have the cmd set to /sbin/poweroff). Is there any way to get this to ask for confirmation? Or, is there a different key I can bind my 'Back' button than Esc to so only the 'Power' button on the remote will actually turn everything off?

-alex
monkeyBox

Post by monkeyBox »

slifox wrote:I too am having problems with the gui x/y settings... can anyone clarify these? Are they working for anyone? If not, is there another way of changing the gui size?
Changing the GUI _size_ works fine for me (ie, scaling), the thing that doesn't work is x,y positioning...
gugux
Contributor

Installed ...

Post by gugux »

Installed that version, works very well too (running ATM ;), but I'm still having a pb when inserting an audio CD or a DVD : minimyth scans the disc, sometimes launches the menu to choose what to do with it, then crashes. Anybody has that working ?
monkeyBox

Post by monkeyBox »

Ok, I figured out that the X,Y positioning problem was due to the ratpoison window manager. I'm guessing ratpoison overrides any window positioning that mythfrontend tries to do.

If you don't need a wm, just set MM_NO_XWM=yes in minimyth.conf
tpind

Re: Installed ...

Post by tpind »

gugux wrote:Installed that version, works very well too (running ATM ;), but I'm still having a pb when inserting an audio CD or a DVD : minimyth scans the disc, sometimes launches the menu to choose what to do with it, then crashes. Anybody has that working ?
Yes I have the same problem. My minimyth crashes and I have to press the reset button - not even the power button works after the crash.

Anybody knows that the problem is ?
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Installed ...

Post by Pablo »

tpind wrote:
gugux wrote:Installed that version, works very well too (running ATM ;), but I'm still having a pb when inserting an audio CD or a DVD : minimyth scans the disc, sometimes launches the menu to choose what to do with it, then crashes. Anybody has that working ?
Yes I have the same problem. My minimyth crashes and I have to press the reset button - not even the power button works after the crash.

Anybody knows that the problem is ?
I have noticed this with some DVDs. I suspect that it may be the DMA problem described here.
tpind

Post by tpind »

I have tried to scan through the link you send, but was not quite able to identify - is there a solution to the problem or is it just bad luck and Ineed to install a normal DVD player (before my wife explodes ;-) ?