MiniMyth 0.18.0.0beta2

Announce/Discuss projects you are working on for MiniMyth

Moderator: Pablo

sluxford

Post by sluxford »

Pablo wrote:
sluxford wrote:Cool! is it somewhere I can download and try out?

Thanks again,

Sam
http://linpvr.org/dnload/releases/0.18.0.0rc1/
ok - got it - installed it and imon support appears to work - kinda. I dont think its mini-myths fault, but if anyone has any ideas on this one I'd appreciate it - Basically I have to keep pressing the button on the remote loads of times before anything happens. Run IRW and get the same thing. Run IRRECORD on a new file and it picks every button press until I get to the point where it asks for key names then keeps having to re-try because 'something went wrong'

I am using the lircd.conf file suplied with lirc-0.7.1 so I will head over to the LIRC site and see if they have any ideas.

The imon drivers seem to work ok tho. Thanks for you help once again.

Sam
lmatter
Contributor

Post by lmatter »

There is an LIRC faq entry on having to hit the buttons many times. Has to do with the protocol of the remote. Not sure if it applies in this case but you might want to check it out.

http://lirc.org/faq.html

See the section on Software, item #3

Larry
tex

Re: Issues I've run into compiling latest version out of per

Post by tex »

The same problem happened on my gentoo system when I did the complete redo with new files. Did the same on my suse 9.2 box and the problem did not happen - so it must be something on the
gentoo side. Though it seems a bit strange to have the sysroot
not being set. Do you have any ideas where I should look to try
to pin down the problem? Where in the gar system does it
decided about the sysroot and gcc?

On the suse side, I'm using gcc:
gcc (GCC) 3.3.4 (pre 3.3.5 20040809)
while gentoo is using:
gcc (GCC) 3.3.5-20050130 (Gentoo 3.3.5.20050130-r1, ssp-3.3.5.20050130-1, pie-8.7.7.1)

However, the suse install dies in compiling libavformat:
ccache distcc i586-minimyth-linux-gnu-gcc -c -I/home/Src/LinPVR/gar-minimyth/images/main//usr/X11R6/include -I/home/Src/LinPVR/gar-minimyth/images/main//usr/include/mysql -L/home/Src/LinPVR/gar-minimyth/images/main//usr/X11R6/lib -L/home/Src/LinPVR/gar-minimyth/images/main//usr/lib/mysql -march=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -pipe -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -w -O3 -Wall -Wno-switch -march=pentium-mmx -pipe -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -fomit-frame-pointer -D_REENTRANT -DPIC -fPIC -DMMX -DUSING_XRANDR -DUSING_XVMC -DUSING_XVMC_VLD -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DPREFIX=\"//usr\" -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/home/Src/LinPVR/gar-minimyth/images/main/usr/lib/qt/mkspecs/default -I. -I../../../../../../../../images/main/usr/include -I.. -I../.. -I../libavcodec -I../libmythtv -I../../../../../../../../images/main/usr/include -I../../../../../../../../images/main/usr/lib/qt/include -o crc.ocrc.c
make[7]: *** [crc.o] Error 255
telsin
Contributor

can't select music in mythMusic with 0.18.0rc1

Post by telsin »

Just upgraded to 0.18rc1, and everything seems good except mythMusic. It'll play the current playlist just fine, but every time I try to edit the playlist, either from within mythMusic or via the setup/music tools/edit playlists approach, it crashes.

Anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?
cseg

Post by cseg »

Will the .18 front end work with the .17 back end, or do I need to upgrade my backend as well?
gugux
Contributor

Post by gugux »

cseg wrote:Will the .18 front end work with the .17 back end, or do I need to upgrade my backend as well?
It will not have all the functionnalities, and warn you sometimes about protocol incompatibilities. So it's better to upgrade.
ozuzo

lirc_atiusb

Post by ozuzo »

Hi,

After using Itai's version for a while I thought to have a look at the current Minimyth status, and am impressed by progress!

I tried the current rc, but have one question and remark:

- would it possible to include the lirc_atiusb module, so I can use
my ATI Remote Wonder (or if I don't need the module, how
do enable it?)
- it would be nice to have an extra configuration parameter,
which if set, would be added as -R option to syslogd, so you can
log to the server.

Keep up the great work!

Herman