Other Modules

Announce/Discuss projects you are working on for MiniMyth

Moderator: Pablo

lmatter
Contributor

Post by lmatter »

I thought I read in your article you had a script for copying Xfree files over
Oh that. I haven't written it yet, since that article won't be published for a while.

I did it the hard way:
chroot
ldconfig
ldd
rinse
repeat.

Larry
jmw

question

Post by jmw »

First of all, minimyth's creator - thanks, it's fantastic. I got my PVR250, ME6000 and Cubid case yesterday, and thanks to minimyth's easy installation, I had mythtv running in about 3 hours from start to finish!! (including assembling hardware and debugging mythbackend)

Anyway, on to my question:

What is needed to get other modules running? I'd like to learn the process (i admit i am not a UNIX programmer). I thought it shouldn't be that hard for one person to build mythmusic (for instance) and just give everyone the binaries (we're all running on pretty much the same environment). Does all of mythtv have to be compiled together?

If some kind of documentation exists on how to do this myself, i'd love to try it out. Can someone point me in the right direction? For instance, how to create a proper build environment on my relatively stock Redhat 9 laptop.

Thanks!
jmw
Hairlocks
Contributor

Post by Hairlocks »

If you can wait a couple of days I may have a version which I will call minimyth-0.2-jm out that will have most the modules avaliable, and instrcutions on how to remove the ones you don't want. I am just doing a few finishing touches.
jmw

cool

Post by jmw »

Hairlocks,

Thanks! I'll keep my eye out for it. I've got plenty of other work to keep me busy (getting an IR receiver/remote, configuring lirc)
lmatter
Contributor

Post by lmatter »

Hairlocks (and everyone else),

I have uploaded new via drivers. Check the home page for more info.

You will probably want to include these in your version.

Larry
dewpac

Post by dewpac »

Hairlocks wrote:If you can wait a couple of days I may have a version which I will call minimyth-0.2-jm out that will have most the modules avaliable, and instrcutions on how to remove the ones you don't want. I am just doing a few finishing touches.
I was planning on digging into MiniMyth tonite for this exact thing (now that I've finally found a box I can install Mandrake on), but if you're that close, I'll hold off. If you've got even a partially working setup, I'd love to take a look at it.
Hairlocks
Contributor

Post by Hairlocks »

Hopefully if the new via drivers stop the green garbled output I am getting, then I just need to add an nfs server variable and its ready (ish). I may do that tonight, following permission from the gf.
dewpac

Post by dewpac »

Hairlocks wrote:Hopefully if the new via drivers stop the green garbled output I am getting, then I just need to add an nfs server variable and its ready (ish). I may do that tonight, following permission from the gf.
Sounds great :) I'm certainly looking forward to what you've got.
lmatter
Contributor

Post by lmatter »

Just to let you know I spent a lot of time on this green screen issue when I was first getting the via drivers working with minimyth. They seem sensitive to XF86Config settings (as shown by the videoram issue). Also, if you are building your own kernel, then it could be that one of the modules is not loading at boot time due to unresolved symbols and then the video gets corrupted.

Telnet in to a running system and compare the output of lsmod when it is and is not working.

Can you post what features you need in a kernel (in the feature requests forum) and I'll try to get them in next time I have drivers built. I could also rebuild the kernel and play the objcopy game to get the current drivers to load.

Larry
Hairlocks
Contributor

Post by Hairlocks »

I started from the minimyth-0.2 kernel config and added what I needed (mainly ide-scsi support) and everything is fine now.

goto http://linpvr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66 for my release.