More build issues with gmp

Help with using MiniMyth's build system

Moderator: Pablo

jangi
Contributor

More build issues with gmp

Post by jangi »

My build also fails during gmp. Here's an error from the config.log files (it fails during configure):

Code: Select all

Test compile:
configure:3865: gcc -pipe -march=i686 -O2 -m32   conftest.c >&5
gcc: No such file or directory
configure:3868: $? = 1
failed program was:

int main () { return 0; }
configure:4874: result: no
configure:5112: error: could not find a working compiler, see config.log for details
Completely by accident I ran 'make build' as root, and much to my surprise it flew right by this point apparently without error. After a make clean it still fails as an unprivileged user. /sbin and /usr/sbin are in PATH, and /usr/lib/crt1.o exists.

I'm running Fedora 8.
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

In what directory are you when you are doing the build?

The reason that I ask is that the minimyth build should fail during its initial check when you build as root.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.
jangi
Contributor

Post by jangi »

I just tested again to make sure, 'make build' as root from scripts/meta/minimyth does not fail. In fact it successfully runs configure for gmp. Any ideas?

Can you remind me the 'proper' way to clean and update my GAR tree? Right now I run 'make clean' in the root and in script/meta/minimyth, and 'svn up' in the root.
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

You are updating correctly. I suggest that you run 'svn status' as well to see whether or not any of your local files differ from the latest files. If they do, then revert them.

As for not detecting root, what do you get when you run the commands

Code: Select all

uid -n
qid -n
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.
jangi
Contributor

Post by jangi »

I get "command not found" for both. What package do I need to install to get these?
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

jangi wrote:I get "command not found" for both. What package do I need to install to get these?
Sorry, I am spacing out. The commands are.
id -u
id -g
jangi
Contributor

Post by jangi »

I get '0' for each
jangi
Contributor

Post by jangi »

Any idea why the build is failing as a regular user? I've been hesitating to build as root even though it wants to allow me, should I go ahead and build or wait for this to be fixed?
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

jangi wrote:Any idea why the build is failing as a regular user? I've been hesitating to build as root even though it wants to allow me, should I go ahead and build or wait for this to be fixed?
Did you run
svn status
If so, do any files differ?

The fact that it is letting you run as root would indicate that it is not running its check, which it should. Without it running its check, it is hard to know what could be wrong.
jangi
Contributor

Post by jangi »

When I run svn status it responds:
? script/qt/qt

I'm not sure why... but I don't think that has anything to do with this problem. It has to be something different on Fedora 8, unless I'm doing something wrong... but I'm not sure what that would be. How can I debug it's root-check?
rolemaster

Post by rolemaster »

I did not see any solution to this problem. I am facing the same one on my Fedora 10 machine.

I have placed the entire build log at http://kurelid.se/minimyth.build.log if someone would be kind and have look at it.
rolemaster

Post by rolemaster »

Seemed like I jumped the gun there. If I just removed ccache everything seem to build ok.