Build success with nvidia legacy and 0.21-fixes ver 17450

Help with using MiniMyth's build system

Moderator: Pablo

emlsnws
Contributor

Build success with nvidia legacy and 0.21-fixes ver 17450

Post by emlsnws »

Just to let the forum know that I successfully built minimyth (0.21-fixes svn 17450 from the version control system) yesterday. Build machine was a Core 2 Duo laptop running Fedora Core 9, and it took about 2 days from start to finish (with quite a lot of long stoppages due to problems).

In the end, I only had to apply the following patch to fix lack of header files:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5404

...as well as modify mm_MYTH_TRUNK_VERSION in minimyth.conf.mk and also follow per this post by Pablo:
The mm_MYTH_TRUNK_VERSION only controls the SVN version for trunk. The SVN versions for the fixes branches are not expected to be changed as often. As a result, they do not have a control in minimyth.conf.mk. To change there SVN version of 0.21, you need to change MYTHTV_SVN_VERSION in script/myth-0.21/package-api.mk
It works well - I had to use this old version to be compatible with my existing backend. And I was using an old MSI motherboard with onboard Geforce 4 video, so needed the nvidia 96.xx.xx driver.

Thanks Pablo, it all works quite nicely.

Simon.[/quote]
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

I am glad that you got it to build.

BTW, is there some incompatibility with 0.21 svn 17450 and the latest 0.21 svn, or did you just want to be sure that your backend and frontend were running the exact same version.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.
emlsnws
Contributor

Post by emlsnws »

It was just I wanted to be sure that the backend and frontend(s) were running the same version.

Previously I've made the mistake of installing a new version, only to find it forces me to upgrade frontend or backend to match (database versions or myth protocol changes). Since I'm going to multiple frontends now, I wanted to avoid a forced-upgrade due to the labour (and WAF) involved.

BTW Is it going to be the case that the 0.21-fixes will _never_ change database schema or myth protocol - sounds sensible to me. So we could safely upgrade within that tree?

I follow the mythtv-dev list but can't read ALL the messages to spot change notifications.

Thanks,
Simon.

--------
Backend: AN7-Guru w/Athlon XP-M 2400+ running FC8 and Mythtv SVN 17450
Frontend1: EPIA M10000 running Minimyth pre-built
Frontend2: MSI K7N2 (MS-6777) running Minimyth SVN 17450 self-build w/legacy nvidia driver