libmythui building problem

Help with using MiniMyth's build system

Moderator: Pablo

nietu

libmythui building problem

Post by nietu »

Hi, Trying to build "latest"minimyth (three day old from svn) with Myth trunk 19122. Always it fail when building libmyhtui. And the error there is

**************CLIP****************
/home/nietu/minimyth-read-only/gar-minimyth/images/build/usr/lib/gcc/i586-minimyth-linux-gnu/4.3.0/../../../../i586-minimyth-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lQtWebKit
**************CLIP****************

I have tried with QT 4.5.0 and 4.4.3 same result. Also with few differrent Myth trunk versions and minimyth versions.

Anyway the webkit object is there but for some reason it cannot find that?

Any hints
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

It appears the the MythTV developers added a configuration hack to work around a problem that the MythTV build system was having with picking up the wrong libraries. Unfortunately, this hack caused the build system's library path to be added when linking. This could be the cause of your problem.

I have made some changes to work around this problem. Once I have a build, I will upload a new test build with the changes.

I have also switched from using Qt 4.5.0-tp1 to Qt 4.4.3. The MythTV developers just changed the configuration to use pkgconfig to determine the QtWebKit includes and libs. This is a good change. However, there is a bug in Qt 4.5.0-tp1 that causes it to not install the QtWebKit pkgconfig file.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.
nietu

Post by nietu »

Thanks in advance. I did same finding with qt 4.5 than you, the pkgconfig issue, that was the reason why i test 4.4.3 version.

I did find the workaround for this specific webkit issue but after that there were same problem when building some other libraries and due I'm not expert of building environment I didin't find solution to fix all those.

I will wait your findings

/Tommi

Pablo wrote:It appears the the MythTV developers added a configuration hack to work around a problem that the MythTV build system was having with picking up the wrong libraries. Unfortunately, this hack caused the build system's library path to be added when linking. This could be the cause of your problem.

I have made some changes to work around this problem. Once I have a build, I will upload a new test build with the changes.

I have also switched from using Qt 4.5.0-tp1 to Qt 4.4.3. The MythTV developers just changed the configuration to use pkgconfig to determine the QtWebKit includes and libs. This is a good change. However, there is a bug in Qt 4.5.0-tp1 that causes it to not install the QtWebKit pkgconfig file.
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

A new test build with the changes is available: 0.21.0-61b6.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.