make install more than once?

Help with using MiniMyth's build system

Moderator: Pablo

rbroberts
Contributor

make install more than once?

Post by rbroberts »

I did a make install then realized I had set mm_TFT_ROOT wrong. So I changed it and did a reinstall. I could have just moved files around, but I didn't. Now I discovered that make install won't actually install again. No files are being copied into the system area, and I can't figure out why.

I'm building because I was the CVS version of lcdproc to support my VFD. I'm using gar-minimyth-0.21.0-62 with changes to lcdproc only.

For full truth-in-advertizing, I did have some problems with building. For some reason, some parts failed, but changing to that part's directory and running make worked. I then moved back to script/meta/minimyth and run make build again.

How can I get make install to reinstall?
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Run

Code: Select all

make clean
make install
in the meta/minimyth directory.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.
rbroberts
Contributor

Post by rbroberts »

Thanks, I've now tried that and it failed telling me it couldn't build vmlinuz. I'm trying again and going to sleep now. If it fails again, I'll post part of the log here.

I do wish that make -j would work with all of the dependencies. It seems to build out-of-order and guarantee failures :-( I've got a quad core machine doing the build and it is underutilized right now