Building .67 fails?

Help with using MiniMyth's build system

Moderator: Pablo

bowmo
Contributor

Building .67 fails?

Post by bowmo »

Hi PAblo

I'm trying to rebuild the .67 release (I want to remove the cf patch from the kernel..), but it fails at compiling udev. Any pointers?

/ Thomas

Code: Select all

make[3]: Entering directory `/mnt/mythdisk/mythfrontend/builds/gar-minimyth-0.21.0-67/script/system/udev/work/build.d/udev-142/extras/cdrom_id'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../..  -include ../../config.h -DSYSCONFDIR=\""/mnt/mythdisk/mythfrontend/builds/gar-minimyth-0.21.0-67/images/build/etc"\" -DUDEV_PREFIX=\""/mnt/mythdisk/mythfrontend/builds/gar-minimyth-0.21.0-67/images/build"\" -D_LIBUDEV_COMPILATION   -pipe -march=i686 -O2 -m32  -MT cdrom_id.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/cdrom_id.Tpo -c -o cdrom_id.o cdrom_id.c
In file included from /usr/include/linux/byteorder/little_endian.h:12,
                 from /usr/include/asm/byteorder.h:78,
                 from /usr/include/linux/cdrom.h:15,
                 from cdrom_id.c:38:
/usr/include/linux/swab.h:6:22: error: asm/swab.h: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [cdrom_id.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/mythdisk/mythfrontend/builds/gar-minimyth-0.21.0-67/script/system/udev/work/build.d/udev-142/extras/cdrom_id'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/mythdisk/mythfrontend/builds/gar-minimyth-0.21.0-67/script/system/udev/work/build.d/udev-142/extras'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/mythdisk/mythfrontend/builds/gar-minimyth-0.21.0-67/script/system/udev/work/build.d/udev-142'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Building .67 fails?

Post by Pablo »

You might look at this.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.
bowmo
Contributor

Post by bowmo »

Hi Pablo

I thought that the build system was independent of the host system?

Anyway I made a link in /usr/include/asm/swab.h to the one for my installed linux kernel, and it cured the problem for now..

(btw. I did build .66 before without any problems?!?!?). All I did on the host (debian) was to upgrade from kernel 2.6.28, to 2.6.30..

/ Thomas
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

bowmo wrote:Hi Pablo

I thought that the build system was independent of the host system?
The final MiniMyth image should be independent of the host system. However, because the native and cross build systems are compiled on and run on the host system, they are not independent of the kernel or glibc.
Anyway I made a link in /usr/include/asm/swab.h to the one for my installed linux kernel, and it cured the problem for now..

(btw. I did build .66 before without any problems?!?!?). All I did on the host (debian) was to upgrade from kernel 2.6.28, to 2.6.30..
It sounds like the kernel headers were not correctly installed.

Anyway, it was just lasiness on my part that caused system/udev to be built as part of the native build system. The only package that depends on udev is xorg-7.4/libdrm and libdrm's dependency on udev is optional. Therefore, xorg-7.4/libdrm can be built without system/udev when building for the native environment. This change has been committed to SVN and will be in the next build.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.