r9099: issue with sh scripts

Help with using MiniMyth's build system

Moderator: Pablo

warpme
Contributor

r9099: issue with sh scripts

Post by warpme »

Hi Pablo,

I just synced to r9099. All builds OK (except perl issue with parallel build).
Original mm image start booting but hangs on splash screen with "DHCP lease (one shot)" msg (I don't remember exact message, but definitely it has "one shot" sentence).
My system still uses some sh init scripts.
Execution of shell script "/etc/rc.d/rc" returns "syntax error unexpected "if" (expecting "do")".
I downgrade busybox to 1.18.5 (ver. working OK in my current sys). What strange - issue is the same :-(
Do You know by heart where issue might be ?

-br
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: r9099: issue with sh scripts

Post by Pablo »

What is your Ethernet hardware?

"configuring network interface (one shot)" is the first time MiniMyth attempts to use the network interface as downloading of the kernel and image are done by the PXE firmware. Usually (maybe always) when I have seen this problem, the cause has been that the kernel driver for the Ethernet hardware is missing or broken.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.
warpme
Contributor

Re: r9099: issue with sh scripts

Post by warpme »

Pablo,
Thx for replay.
HW is ION1 based AsRock 330PRO.
Issue with "one shot" is probably result of quick tests I do when I discover problems with .sh execution (I quickly with to .pl based init just to explore where problem is. I almost sure such switch was incomplete - so don't bother to investigate this aspect of r9099).

Currently only workaround for broken .sh execution I know is disabling ash in busybox and switch mm sh to bash. This seems to work.

BTW: if anybody switched to bash & getting "unwind_frame_discard lastpipe-exec" bash warnings, ./configure needs to add bash_cv_job_control_missing=present to enable job control in bash.